RE: AO-40

At 07:33 PM 12/17/2000 , you wrote:
>You'd think he'd at least get my call right.  I'm not trying to create any
>kind of dissension at all.  I'm just letting my frustrations be known.  Have
>you read the reports?  They put it up with KNOWN problems.  How wise is
>that?  Any R&D or preparation team worth its salt would fix the KNOWN
>problems.  Yes I agree, no hardware is perfect.  I supported this team from
>the beginning with words and cash but it seems that they put something up
>that wasn't ready.

This is one point on which I agree.  If I had been told that we were
planning to launch P3D with "known" problems such as this ... I would NOT
have invested any money [nor will I in the future]. I always thought that
everything tested "fine" prior to launch. Mistakes happen ... life happens
..but launching with known defects that could cause this loss of control
are NOT acceptable risks.

W4SCO