Re: Chirps on 145.8986 mHz

This is probably terrestrial, and seems to be similar to other previous
reports. But it is unusual here as this is first I have detected
anything like it. and the time is 0100 UTC:

Low speed data frames (no pattern change detected) droning at 145.89159
and again similar sounding signal on 145.9381. According to the KEPs,
AO-40 would be in perigee passing over head right now at. I am getting
peak at. There does seem to be some correlation to the predicted path,
and although I didn't think so before, I now believe there was a doppler
shift (lower) as the target passed to the east.  There seem to be two
spectral peaks, about 5 to 14 KHz apart, Again this is probably a false
alarm but thought I would mention it because I don't remember and
spurious signals like this.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
Jleikhim@nettally.com

"tv dinner by the pool,
i'm so glad i finished school" -F.Zappa 1967

"Whats he building in there?"- Tom Waits

WARNING TO UNSOLICITED SPAMMERS!!!

Pursuant to U.S. Code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II,
"Any and all non-solicited commercial E-mail (SPAM) sent to
this address is subject to a download and archival fee of
$500.00 U.S."! E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.