RE: AO-40 BURN

>        CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT THE STATEMENT" WORKING ON THE
> ENGINE WHEN
> TRANSMISSIONS STOPPED" MEANS ....AND IF THEY KNOW THAT IT BURNED THREE
> MINUTES LONGER THERE MUST BE A GOOD PACKAGE OF DATA AVAILABLE
> DURING THAT
> BURN....OR WAS TLM SO BAD THAT ONLY THE BURN  TIME CAME
> DOWN....I SPENT 20
> YRS WORKING WITH SATS AND "STICKY VALVES" IS A RECIPE FOR DISASTER

Firstly, we can hear you (caps is considered shouting...).

Yes, there was over 24 hours of good telemetry after the engine burn.  The
bird didn't stop transmitting after the burn (seems to be a common
misconception), but more than an orbit later, when the command stations were
trying to investigate the problems with the 400N motor (i.e. they were _NOT_
planning on doing a significant burn at the time it fell silent).