RE: Packet Question

Hi Steve

The main modes (from a sat perspective) currently in use are:

o 400 BPSK (Downlink only, SSB) telemetry,
	AO-40
o 1200 BPSK (Downlink only, SSB)/1200 Manchester (Uplink only, FM)
	AO-16 I think this is digipeating UI frames currently
	LO-19 Broken, and is only sending CW currently
	IO-26 Rarely
	FO-29 Rarely
o 1200 AFSK
	MIR (not operating currently)
	UO-11 (downlink only, FM)
o 9600 FSK Uplink/Downlink
	UO-22 Pacsat
	KO-23 Pacsat
	KO-25 Pacsat
	IO-26 Pacsat
	FO-29 Rarely
	TO-31 Pacsat
	SO-35 Digipeats UI frames check sunsat web site for schedule
	OO-38 (downlink only presently)
o 38400 FSK (Downlink only, FM)/9600 FSK (Uplnk only, FM)
	UO-36 Pacsat
	TIUNGSAT-1 Pacsat

The MFJ's are TNC-2 types with a built in 1200 AFSK modem. You can bolt on
an internal 9600 FSK modem (an MFJ option).

To get 1200 PSK downlink/1200 Manchester Uplink, you'd need a third party
modem connected to the MFJ1270. An example is the Paccomm PSK-1. I don't
know of any others. TAPR did do a kit, but it's no longer available.

BTW testing the Manchester uplink is a nightmare because the only way you
can test it is on a satellite: Manchester decoder's aren't available off the
shelf.

73 Howard G6LVB