Re: P3D/AO40 Contingency Plan

Hi Jon,
I think Your ideas are very good,interim satellite,mode U/V..V/U ,some
better
useful as AO10 at present time and not a next LEO or PACSAT.
Probability,You remember at my first message
after the crash from Dec.13th.."Can`t believe that.."
I got a lot of critical statements about that,but it was only my own
concern...because I was LIVE present and confused and afraid at the time
where the
crash begins .....I like to get another reality.
But at present time I don`t give up the hope ,but the
hope getting smaller...disaster could be real.

I think we - like AMSAT-World-Wide - should collect (personal
available) money to pay shortly the outstanding $300k of the launch from
AO40.
EVERYBODY, who like to work the satellites,should donate
an interim satellite project in fast times.(Give up to smoke,take the money
for donate..?)
And everybody NOTE: I know a lot of hams wich want or like
working satellites only for a very small own value donate....Let the others
doing...
I think that can not be the right way,because AMSAT-projects...,
satellite-projects are a little bit more than simple amateur-radio.
Who have a small money-box should use all for free or a very small donate.
I`m also like to work with my ELECRAFT K2.....but I like to
donate our amsat-projects too...every time.
Mistakes ect.....are humanoid..Anybody without them,without mistakes..??
I think ..NEVER.
Remember Your Apollo-13-mission,some Space-Shuttle-disasters.....ect...
We lost a lot of humans/astronauts...by taking mistakes....!
So...our AMSAT-missions are always same difficult adventures.
Nobody can eliminate the risk up to 100%,ONLY minimized..again and again.

I`m sure,the next critical statements to me about this message are coming
soon....
But sorry,critical statements are not the way to get AO40 back for life or
for get
a new interim bird (...if that will be needed).Hope not....

(...stupid statements will be answered by type "delete",...at once...right
now.)

Hopeful 73`s ...and Merry Christmas..
Jens / HB9JOI / (DL9FAA)
AMSAT-DL.#9802268 / AMSAT-NA.#33392