Re: P3D/AO40 Contingency Plan

Hi Jon,
I think Your ideas are very good,interim satellite,mode U/V..V/U ,some
useful as AO10 at present time and not a next LEO or PACSAT.
Probability,You remember at my first message
after the crash from Dec.13th.."Can`t believe that.."
I got a lot of critical statements about that,but it was only my own
concern...because I was LIVE present and confused and afraid at the time
where the
crash begins .....I like to get another reality.
But at present time I don`t give up the hope ,but the
hope getting smaller...disaster could be real.

I think we - like AMSAT-World-Wide - should collect (personal
available) money to pay shortly the outstanding $300k of the launch from
EVERYBODY, who like to work the satellites,should donate
an interim satellite project in fast times.(Give up to smoke,take the money
for donate..?)
And everybody NOTE: I know a lot of hams wich want or like
working satellites only for a very small own value donate....Let the others
I think that can not be the right way,because AMSAT-projects...,
satellite-projects are a little bit more than simple amateur-radio.
Who have a small money-box should use all for free or a very small donate.
I`m also like to work with my ELECRAFT K2.....but I like to
donate our amsat-projects too...every time.
Mistakes ect.....are humanoid..Anybody without them,without mistakes..??
I think ..NEVER.
Remember Your Apollo-13-mission,some Space-Shuttle-disasters.....ect...
We lost a lot of humans/astronauts...by taking mistakes....!
So...our AMSAT-missions are always same difficult adventures.
Nobody can eliminate the risk up to 100%,ONLY minimized..again and again.

I`m sure,the next critical statements to me about this message are coming
But sorry,critical statements are not the way to get AO40 back for life or
for get
a new interim bird (...if that will be needed).Hope not....

(...stupid statements will be answered by type "delete",...at once...right

Hopeful 73`s ...and Merry Christmas..
Jens / HB9JOI / (DL9FAA)
AMSAT-DL.#9802268 / AMSAT-NA.#33392