Re: AO-40 search tip

Phil Karn wrote:
> frames that increases the time between frame starts. The spec says
> "about 130 bytes" of padding, which would be an extra 2.6 seconds. That
> would make the frame rate about once every 13 seconds.

Hello,

I roughly timed out the frames last week and it more around 16 to 17 seconds.
Also the frame for Event 0 is almost blank of datat so the beacon sounded
like a tone rather than a buzz for most of that frame.  Of course there is no
telling what the sequence is now.

73 Eric  eac@shore.net  WB1HBU