Slightly OT. IC970 70CM PLL Problem

Well as luck would have it I cannot listen for the AO-40 beacon on 70CM as that
portion of my IC970 is suddenly displaying "---------" after a few seconds, and
the audio is muted. So this is most certainly a PLL problem. I have some service
notes and other information that suggests this is the dreaded "blue trimmer
capacitor" sysndrome. Has anyone had this same failure on an IC-970? Was it in
fact the LPL loop C121? Are there other similar trimmer capacitors inside that I
should change while I am at it. I will be fixing this myself as usual.

---
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
Jleikhim@nettally.com

"tv dinner by the pool,
i'm so glad i finished school" -F.Zappa 1967

"Whats he building in there?"- Tom Waits

WARNING TO UNSOLICITED SPAMMERS!!!

Pursuant to U.S. Code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II,
"Any and all non-solicited commercial E-mail (SPAM) sent to
this address is subject to a download and archival fee of
$500.00 U.S."! E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.