From: <K5OE@aol.com>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2000 12:00
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Possible AO-40 Beacons!

na9d@mindspring.com writes:
> I have monitored the following signals that roughly correspond to our baby's
>  beacon frequencies this morning.  The time is right now, 14:48 UTC.
>  My antennas are approximately 160 degrees azimuth, 45 degrees elevation in
>  Chicago, IL.

Here at 1625 utc, EL29ds, Houston, Texas, 175 deg az, 57 deg el, 52333 km.

>  Here is what I hear:
>  145.883 - Solid carrier.  Disappears when I move the antenna or switch
>  polarization.

Confirmed, about S1 here.  I only note about 6 dB difference in polarity
switch.

>  435.517.6 - Solid carrier.  Stronger than the 2m signal (but I have a
preamp
>  on the mast).

Confirmed, but weaker than the 2 m signal here--about 3 dB above the noise.

>  435.609.5 - Modulated carrier.  Sounds like PSK somewhat to me.  Has the
>  same characteristics in terms of antenna movement of the above 2.

Confirmed at 436.613.  Dissapears on polarity switch.

>  435.862 - Solid carrier.  Also same as above with the pointing.

Not heard here.

>  This could be our baby!!!

I hope you are right.  I'll check into the IRC and see what the latest rumor
is :-)
73,
Jerry, K5OE