Re: Possible AO-40 Beacons!

OK, another update:

435.609.9 MHz modulated carrier still there.  Much weaker, but can still
hear it.  Interesting thing is that the polarization sense has changed to
LHCP.  I can copy it better with my polarity switch flipped.  Don't know why
this would be, particularly if the bird is using the omni antennas.

I did not check the other frequencies at this time.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 12/16/00 9:09 AM, Jon Ogden at na9d@mindspring.com wrote:

> OK, an update:
>
> 435.609.7 is where the modulated carrier now appears to be.  So there does
> appear to be a slight amount of doppler.  It is MUCH weaker than before.
>
> The 145.883 MHz carrier is still there but weaker as well.
>
> I do not hear the 435.517.6 or 435.862 carriers.
>
> Again, all signals have gotten weaker, but they still come from the general
> direction of the bird.
>
> 73,
>
> Jon
> NA9D
>

>> 145.883 - Solid carrier.  Disappears when I move the antenna or switch
>> polarization.
>>
>> 435.517.6 - Solid carrier.  Stronger than the 2m signal (but I have a preamp
>> on the mast).
>>
>> 435.609.5 - Modulated carrier.  Sounds like PSK somewhat to me.  Has the
>> same characteristics in terms of antenna movement of the above 2.
>>
>> 435.862 - Solid carrier.  Also same as above with the pointing.

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA

http://www.qsl.net/ke9na