Re: Saturday

Good thoughts, Richard.

I might add a suggestion that any "search parties" connect to the Chatnet
IRC and join #amsat during the day.  That has proven quite useful already,
just by having somebody else check out a possible signal LIVE at the same
time...hopefully the number of "false alarms" will be greatly reduced that
way.  (I don't know about you folks, but there is over a one hour delay in
messages through this list to my mail box.  Hard to beat live interaction
on IRC).

Nothing like having 6 other people say "nah, don't hear anything at that
frequency" for a reality check.  Or 6 other people say "yes, I hear it
too!!" ;-)

I plan to be there for a good portion of the day.  Hope to see some of you
there as well!

73,

Mark N8MH

At 03:28 PM 12/15/2000, you wrote:
>Gang
>
>I just put the following on the Amsat-UK web pages. Thought I'd share it
>with everyone.
>//
>you guys in North and South America, in your morning keep an eye on and
>around the original 2m frequency and let amsat-bb know when (if) you hear
>anything. Very sensitive receivers on 435.450 MHz just might pick something
>up too in the early stages. Watch this (and that) space.
>
>73
>Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
>g3rwl@amsat.org

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]