Saturday

Gang

I just put the following on the Amsat-UK web pages. Thought I'd share it
with everyone.

If the problem is an onboard lockup then here's what I expect to happen on
saturday afternoon:
the watchdog will fire and place AO-40 into its default state (same as it
was after launch) with 70cm tx on the omnidirectional antenna. Now we know
that didn't work too well so, maybe acting on blind faith, the controllers
will probably repeat what they did after launch i.e. upload (or switch on)
the repeater in IHU-2 and turn on the 2m tx. Thats when we find out. Your
prayers are as good as everyone else's. Also cross fingers, legs, and
anything else you can think of.
Karl's announcement said "saturday afternoon" (German time I guess) and I
take that as being 1100-1800 utc. In that time frame AO-40 is over the
Americas (plus we get a couple of hours at low elevation in Europe). So,
you guys in North and South America, in your morning keep an eye on and
around the original 2m frequency and let amsat-bb know when (if) you hear
anything. Very sensitive receivers on 435.450 MHz just might pick something
up too in the early stages. Watch this (and that) space.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188