Re: AO-40 carrier?

If you hear a faint carrier, check to see if AO-10 is above your horizon.
There is a low-level carrier on AO-10 that drifts from 145.910 to 145.890.
It is especially noticeable when the bird first enters sunlight.  I have
never known whether this carrier is generated by the satellite or is from
some 70 cm signal getting into the transponder.  The frequency change is
faster than would be accountable by Doppler shift.

I've also noted a strong carrier (S9+) in the middle of RS-13's passband
lately, around 145.885 MHz.  I am not able to hear a 15 m signal at the same
time that may be causing this, but it does move with the appropriate Doppler
drift.  It dissappears when the bird gets above 50-60 deg. lat., indicating
the signal probably emmanates from Central America.
73,
Jerry, K5OE

<hammond@surrealnet.net> writes:

<< Yes, I hear AO-10 quite clearly on 145.899....

It would be nice if somebody politely reminded our fellow sat ops on AO-10
that there are people listening for AO-40 in this frequency range....

Happing signal hunting!

73,

Mark N8MH

At 07:46 AM 12/15/2000, Builderick@aol.com wrote:
>Hello Group
>I'm hearing something thats lighting my G3RUH modem light
>On 145.825.7    (UO-11/so35 is not over)
>ON 145.918.1
>On 145.974.2
>No light on but I can hear a faint signal on
>ON 145.897.5
>Please Listen!
>73 KB0VBZ

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]