Will I need new AO-40 keps?, YES

Hi Howard,
silly questions are welcome.

When ever there is a satellite engine burn, you will need to up date
your keps (99.999% of the time).  The keps you currently have may be
4-6 days old and will still put you in the ball park for AO-40.
However, since Ao-40 ran an engine burn for several minutes, the orbit
will have changed and you will need to get new keps to improve
your antnna aiming.  For people with a set of Omni dicrtcional antennas
the only real change you will see is a different aos or los times.

New keps come out a couple of times a week from many sources,
including AMSAT and www.celestrak.com just to name a few.
When a satellite is in an orbit trasnistion phase, as in its
makeing changes to climb to a final orbit, it is normal that
you will need to update your keps weekly.  Until ao-40 finds
its final orbit in 6-9 months you shhould expect orbit changes
greate than normal drift.  And plan on updateing your keeps weekly.
After it gets to its final oribt, it will be high enought and stable
enought that you may only need to update you keps once every few months.

Manned space craft change their position frequencly.  Becasue of gyros
and
small corse corrections, all manned missons suche as ISS and Mir
will require weekely Keps to find them accruatly.

AO-40 / OSCAR 40
1 26609U 00072B   00343.50000000  .00000001  00000-0  12308-4 0    54
2 26609   6.3783 240.2081 7347480 190.5533 201.9831  2.03015472   455