Re: AO-40 telemetry interruption

Greg Preston wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm new to the AMSAT-BB list, but not new to amateur satellites.  I would
> like to weigh in on this discussion.  Personally, I don't see why the
> controllers need to have anything to do with informing interested hams
> (and the public at large) about work being done to commission AO-40.
'snip

Here's the best solution and the thing that I am doing after this message ( I
know I will regret hitting "send" ) goes off, I will be calling martha at amsat
tomorrow and donating another $150 ( previously in nov. did same as I have for a
number of years ) even though I still as of yet to make one single solitary
satellite contact and have been a memeber how many years ?!?
and after that I will do what I have done since I became a member of amsat way
back when , I will just enjoy reading the amsat journal about the cool things
that they are doing and hope for the best , I will have as I always have had ,
-no- expectations of any payoff for being a member as what I have felt I have
helped do is to support an organization that has the wherewithall to do
something I could never do ( I just don't have the smarts , bottom line)........

and one of these days I'll get enough put together to be able to talk through
whatever bird might be flying by ........

Way to go amsat , chin up !!!

So , you haven't sent a check yet ?????

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS