mic-click steps on early ICOMs

Hello all,

On the early model ICOM 'twins' ie. 271/471 series, the dial reads out in
100 Hz steps but tunes in 10 Hz steps and this is fine. However the
mic-clicks count only in 100 Hz steps. I fancy there was a mod doing the
rounds a few years ago to make the mic-clicks count in 10 Hz steps but I may
be mistaken.

In any case any record of it here has been lost in the sands of time.

I have looked in vain at just about every "mods" site on the web, AND THERE
ARE MANY !! No references found at all to this topic.

Can anyone help with some info?

Bill...vk3jt