Re: AO-40 telemetry interruption

 Greg Preston writes:

> For example, I noticed the Amsat-UK webpage
> features daily reports (which appear to be gleaned from this list) using
> the best information available.  I'm certain we can trust these
> individuals to do a good job of presenting useful information to the
> public without being alarmist or overly speculative.

Thanks; glad you like my efforts. I occasionally add *informed* comment to
this material, otherwise it goes out straight.

> I think a simple solution would be to pull individuals who have
> responsibility for publishing amsat webpages into the information loop
> that the controllers and managers use to keep each other informed.  They
> could filter and publish useful "news" on a daily (or even an hourly if
> need be) basis.  The controllers can control and the managers can manage
> and the publicists can publish.

An excellent suggestion. I, for one, would *not* publish anything they
didn't want published but this would constrain the controllers to add
"don't publish" to everything they say. A better way would be, as before,
to put those individuals in the loop and then they could prepare "news",
*seek permission*, and then publish, thereby taking the (possibly onerous)
task away from the controllers so they could get on with the job in hand.

Personally, I am horrified at some of the speculation thats been flowing
on the -bb. It does no-one any good.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
Webmaster, Amsat-UK