Re: AO-40

 "John P. Toscano" writes:

> In other words, they CAN'T tell us because they don't yet have the
> FACTS needed to know the answer!  So we HAVE to wait awhile.

OTOH, if they *know* they have to wait for the watchdog, they now have a
chance to do things that "normal" people do ... i.e. sleep, talk to the
family, etc. The break, while giving them time to assemble strategies, will
also do them some good.

BTW: several frequencies have been quoted as "possibles" where signals
are heard. There is one test to apply (assuming you check that its predicted
to be above the horizon): see if the signal exhibits doppler shift; if it
doesn't, then it isn't. Might save some folks some panic.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188