RE: Re: STOP

> I agree with you, at least in principle! If perhaps not in practise.
>
> I WOULD like to see some official line from AMSAT HQ. This
> wall of silence
> is not encouraging and does nothing for the organisation.

The problem I see is that it takes someone to post the news.  It would seem
that a volunteer, whose purpose is to liaise with the command stations and
AMSAT, might be a good idea.  Sort of like a media liaison person.

Just a suggestion, probably one that's already (at least partly)
implemented...

Anyway, we do now know that "something happened", and the controllers are
waiting for the spacecraft to attempt to auto recover on the 16th (and
hopefully then find out more about what happened, assuming AO-40 comes back
to life and telemetry can be downloaded).