Re: AO-40 telemetry interruption

Hello All,

I'm new to the AMSAT-BB list, but not new to amateur satellites.  I would
like to weigh in on this discussion.  Personally, I don't see why the
controllers need to have anything to do with informing interested hams
(and the public at large) about work being done to commission AO-40.
There are many interested amateurs who would be only too happy to take on
this responsibility.  For example, I noticed the Amsat-UK webpage
features daily reports (which appear to be gleaned from this list) using
the best information available.  I'm certain we can trust these
individuals to do a good job of presenting useful information to the
public without being alarmist or overly speculative.

I think a simple solution would be to pull individuals who have
responsibility for publishing amsat webpages into the information loop
that the controllers and managers use to keep each other informed.  They
could filter and publish useful "news" on a daily (or even an hourly if
need be) basis.  The controllers can control and the managers can manage
and the publicists can publish.

Suggesting that the strong desire for information is somehow an
imposition on the controllers is a  false counterposition.  We could have
an all 'round "win-win" situation if the managers would allow such a
setup as I am proposing here.

Best Regards and 73s

Greg Preston
KF4BWQ