Re: Information Please

Another alternative for S band downconverters.

http://www.nitehawk.com/sctv-skycable/2ghzeqpt.htm

73, doug

   From: "laura halliday" <marsgal42@hotmail.com>
   Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:26:35

   Gerald Payton <n5gpc@earthlink.net> wrote:

   >1) URL for Drake equipment.  (I assume it is equipment for
   >C band satellite TV.)
   >I've seen it several times here on the BB regarding
   >downconverter & etc.

   Not recently, because the Drake 2880 MMDS downconverters
   are all gone. Long gone.

   There are alternatives. Have a look at, for example:

      http://www.phillips-tech.com/main.asp?page=page7.asp

   At new prices these are almost as expensive as the
   converter kits from Downeast Microwave...I have the
   old downconverter (updated per N2CEI's Microwave
   Update '96 article) but all I've ever picked up with
   it (so far...fingers crossed!) are microwave ovens.