Re: AO-40 copied - I think

I seem to remember as well that a week or two ago when the command team was
doing ranging, did not the telemetry switch off?  Perhaps that's one thing
they are doing again.

At least speculation like this is more productive than saying the bird blew
up!

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 12/14/00 6:40 AM, Jon Ogden at na9d@mindspring.com wrote:

> OK, I *think* I have heard AO-40 this morning.  Right now I am copying on
> 145.893.8 a very weak unmodulated carrier.  It is coming from the general
> direction expected from Ken's latest set of keps.  It is very low to the
> horizon right now, but that should improve as time goes on.
>
> So an IHU-2 crash is very likely.  As to the weak signals - who knows.  The
> control team might be up to something.

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA