Re: Re: Ao40...copied ?CAN`T BELIEVE THAT....

Yep, this is probably nonsense.

I've been copying *something* for the last half-hour (12/14/2000
06:00-06:30z) that sounds very much like the AO-40 telemetry.
It's only about half an S-unit with preamp on, right on the horizon,
120 degrees from my location (EM64ps).  It somewhat peaked at
06:15z and the frequency is higher than I've seen before (145.899500 MHz).
My PSK demodulators generate more RFI than the signal has so
there isn't any decoding it.  According to the last set of keps, it
shouldn't make AOS for at least 5 hours here though.

Considering the direction, Alan, NE1H, might have a better shot
at receiving it in Atlanta.

I just checked again at 6:50z and it seems noticeably weaker
and maybe a little lower in frequency (~ 100 Hz).

73
Mike N4CNW