RE: testing???

>From: "Howard Long" <howard@howardlong.com>
>Hi Scott
>
>Not wishing to quash any hopes... I'd guess that your answer may be RS12/13:
>it's in mode T at present, 21MHz up, 2m down, and I hear it all the time
>when I'm trying to get the telemetry from AO-40. That and AO-10 of course.
>
>Unluckily (I think it's coincidence) RS-12/13 switched to mode T after being
>in mode A for at least a year that I know of, just as AO-40 launched.
>Wouldn't have been a problem except that there's a problem with the 70cm TX
>presently on AO-40 so the 2m TX in use.
>
>73 Howard G6LVB

I arose at 0530 am [1430 UTC] to attempt to detect the AOS time [~1524]
with the new keps.  Of course the beacon was turned off :-(
But I was surprised to hear SSB, so tuning it in I hear a W9 talking with a
VK2.  The VK2 had considerable auroral distortion, so I surmised it was
RS-13 mode-T [did not bring RS-13 up on NOVA to confirm].  The QSO sounded
like it was accidental on satellite.  Later heard more signals but no
beacon.  Maybe tomorrow!

Good report on AO-40 status on DL and ANC.  Tnx HQ's!

Ed