Optimum AO-40 squint angle?

Hello,

 From what I have heard, AO-40 is transmitting on its VFH omni antenna, right?

I was wondering that the optimum squint angle would be for this antenna.
Since it is a 1/4 wave ground plane on the back side of the satellite,
I would expect the optimum squint angle to be from roughly 90 to 120 degrees.
Less than 90 degrees, and the signal is blocked by AO-40's body.  Much over
120 degrees, and the antenna is starting to point right at me, and
will have less gain.

Does my analysis sound correct?
Would the ALON and ALAT values have changed much because of the burn?

Tanks,

Doug Braun
NA1DB