Testing Testing

This morning I called several hams on the telephone who were operating both
ssb and cw, on AO-10 very near the center of the passband, 145.900 mhz,
which of course is very near 145.898 mhz, the AO-40 beacon.  Because of the
fact that the telemetry was not being broadcast, they didn't realize that
they were close to the beacon.

It's something very easy to do, I've accidentally done it myself, when
qsying to a calling station on AO-10.  I believe that many hams hang around
the center of the passband in order to find their downlink signal easier.