AO-40 2 meter beacon

Threw together a Hamtronics 2 meter converter last night.
Seems to have about the sens. of my FM rig.  But not hearing
any signals from AO-40.  Is the 2 meter Beacon, or telemetry

I might need a preamp, but before I mount one at the ant.
I would like to see how well this thing "hears".  Feeding it
into the external ant. input of an Icom 756 Pro.  Nice to have
that spectrum scope to "see" signals.

tnx, de Bill, N4DH