Re: Information Please

Jerry,

>From: Gerald Payton <n5gpc@earthlink.net>
>1)    URL for Drake equipment.  (I assume it is equipment for C band
>satellite TV.)
>        I've seen it several times here on the BB regarding
>downconverter & etc.

No it was 2.6 GHz MDS equipement that was decommisioned and put on sale a
couple years ago.  I doubt that it is available now.  Maybe someone has one
that they will sell you, but with AO-40 in orbit I expect they will be not
too many spare ones around!  They were a great deal at the time.  I bought
three for $100 and have traded one.  The other two will be used in my
station on different IF's.

>2)    Apparently, the Satellite Experimenters Handbook is not longer in
>print.
>        Anyone know of a source?

A new revision has been released and is available from Amsat and ARRL Pubs.

Ed