Re: Lightning hits

At 11:34 PM 12/12/2000 -0600, John W5EME wrote:

>A ham friend of mine recently checked his wall sockets and found 40% of
>them were wired wrong!

John,

Thank you for the very clear discussion of this often misunderstood topic.

I would like to add that some years ago I purchased a nice little outlet
tester from Radio Shack. I consider it an essential piece of test
equipment. I just checked a new catalog and a similar one is still available.

AC outlet analyzer. Plugs into any 3-wire 120VAC outlet to check for
dangerous faults. #22-101 $5.99.

The catalog says: "A 'must' for power tool users and musicians". Let's add
hams too.

73, ron w8gus.