Re: AO-40 status report from AMSAT-DL

on 12/12/00 6:21 PM, John Stephensen, KD6OZH at kd6ozh@gte.net wrote:

> See http://www.amsat-dl.org/journal/adlj-p3d.htm for a report on the current
> status of AO-40.

Fascinating!  I wonder how much this burn will end up affecting everything
else for the mission.  I am glad they were able to get the motor working.
That would have really sucked had they not.

I guess you can't expect everything to go perfectly.  Let's hope this is the
worst that happens and that we get the 70cm TX working properly.

Now we know the reason for the "wall of silence."  The crew has certainly
been doing a tremendous amount of work and having to figure things out as to
what is happening.  Great job flight crew!

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden