RE: Ken's Post-Burn Set #8

> Just running Ken's set #8 forward in time gives some
> interesting results.
>
> The period has changed from 12 hr to 19hr, unless my math is wrong.

Well, that would seem to be right.  LOS over Australia was nearly 2 hours
late, according to set #6, which was estimating a 16 hour period.

> Perigee gives an altitude of 550ish km, which is mighty close
> for my liking.

About 45 km lower than before.  I'll have to grab a copy of #8 and plug them
in. :)

> I do however love the coverage, a floating geostationary
> bird, ... if we can
> raise the perigee, I'd like to keep this orbit. Mind you I'd
> have to put the
> high gain antennas back up, with apogee over 60000km. I've
> been using an
> eggbeater up to now at apogee.

Well, guess we can't have everything.  The current orbit would suit us
better down south, but the planners put a lot of thought into the final
orbit, and I wouldn't want to see AO-40 do a crash and burn like AO-13, due
to orbital interactions with other bodies (Moon, Sun, etc).