President's Letter #2 - Greetings

Warmest Greetings of the season to all AMSAT members, it is with great
pleasure that I am able to report that Amateur Radio is alive and well.
Our two major projects, the International Space Station and AO-40 are both
performing well with Amateur Contact being made by the Space Station and
AO-40 moving slowly towards the final orbit, while it's systems are being
confirmed as operational.

Both ARISS and AO-40 are real because of your past generosity, they got off
the ground because AMSAT-NA has taken a loan from our reserve accounts to
make sure that they would, and I am sure that our international partners have
done much the same.
We need to replenish our reserves to assure our future fiscal health and to
be able to provide you with the AMSAT services that you expect from your
organization.

I hope that good fortune has smiled on you during 2000, and that you could
possibly send a donation to AMSAT-NA to assist us with  building up our
reserves, or alternatively designating funds towards ARISS or AO-40/P3D
accounts.

Call Martha at 301-589-6062 to use your credit card or send a check to
 AMSAT, 850 Sligo Avenue  Suite 600, Silver Spring,  MD.  20910-4703.

If your Fortunes have been really good this year, you could benefit yourself
and AMSAT by transferring appreciated stock. Electronic transfers keep your
paperwork to a minimum and are easy to arrange. Contact Martha at the office
our Treasurer, Arthur Feller, W4ART for More information. You'll be glad you
did.

Let me once more wish you all the very best for the Season and the New Year,
support AMSAT so we can support you.

73
Robin Haighton VE3FRH
President AMSAT-NA.