Will I need new AO-40 keps?, YES

Hi Howard,
silly questions are welcome.

When ever there is a satellite engine burn, you will need to up date
your keps (99.999% of the time).  The keps you currently have may be
4-6 days old and will still put you in the ball park for AO-40.
However, since Ao-40 ran an engine burn for several minutes, the orbit
will have changed and you will need to get new keps to improve
your antenna aiming.  For people with a set of Omni directional antennas
the only real change you will see is a slightly different aos or los
times.

New keps come out a couple of times a week from many sources,
including AMSAT and www.celestrak.com just to name a few.
When a satellite is in an orbit transition phase, as in its
making changes to climb to a final orbit, it is normal that
you will need to update your keps weekly.  Until ao-40 finds
its final orbit in 6-9 months you should expect orbit changes
greater than normal drift.  Plan on updating your keeps weekly until its
parked.
After it gets to its final orbit, it will be high enough and stable
enough that you may only need to update you keps once every few months.

Manned space craft change their position frequently.  Because of gyros
and
small coarse corrections, drag etc, all manned missions such as ISS and
Mir
will require weekly Keps to find them accurately.

These keps from the amsat page are dated december 8, 2000.
Next week you will be able to find plenty of copies of new keps
with yesterdays burn included.

AO-40 / OSCAR 40
1 26609U 00072B   00343.50000000  .00000001  00000-0  12308-4 0    54
2 26609   6.3783 240.2081 7347480 190.5533 201.9831  2.03015472   455