RE: Lightning hits

Sorry to hear about your lightning experiences and I can sympathize.  I have
said over and over to NEVER connect your antenna ground to the service
ground.  I have been told over and over that I'm full of it, "that ground is
the 'best in the world' since it's grounded at every pole along the
line...."  Well, you are living (thankfully) proof of why it's a very bad
idea.  Sure the lightning will go right to the "best ground in the world"
and take out everything in your house along the way.

73/
Kevin, WB5RUE