Re: upling frequency fo20/29

on 12/10/00 7:18 AM, Ke4yyddave@aol.com at Ke4yyddave@aol.com wrote:

> Eddie,  My 847 does the same thing.  Most people think this is a desensing
> problem but it is not.  I returned my unit to Yaseu under warrantee.  They
> kept it 45 days trying to fix the problem.  A partial cure was achieved but
> mode JA operation is still unsatisfactory.  I solved the problem by using
> separate radios for transmit and receive.  Can't wait for the TS-2000 to get
> on the market.

I do NOT have this problem with my FT-847.  I have had a desense problem and
that was solved by putting filters in each antenna line.  Now I run JA all
the time with no problem.  The only time I have heard myself like this was
trying to work into RS-15 one night.  Depending on the position of my
antennas and the frequency I was on, I could totally hear myself being