Re: AO-40 Telem. Temps.

At 05:16 PM 2000-12-10 -0800, Clifford Buttschardt wrote:
>Let me show my lack of knowledge.  I know your very busy Peter but I read
>88 degrees as the X band transmitter temperature.  Am I reading a direct
>temperature or not aware of a conversion table?  Cliff K7RR
>
>On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Peter Guelzow wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Temperatures for the X-Band TX are only valid if the X-Band TX is
> > powered up, because they are measured by the module electronics
> > itself..
> >
> > 73s Peter DB2OS

...which is why with P3T the X-band Tx temperature is NOT displayed unless
the Tx is on.  Otherwise, as Peter says, the value  is meaningless.  You
can't simply transcribe the values into a decoding program without a little
more understanding about what they mean, when they are meaningful, and when
they are nonsensical.   There are multiple other examples in the telemetry
of values that have no meaning unless their  appropriate control units are
functional.