Re: JavaScript Axial-Mode Helix Calculator

I'll have to try to find either a table, or some formulas for beamwidths...
maybe next weekend?  I agree.  The ARRL book program
has a table of 1,2 and 3 dB bandwidths, but I didn't think it was
terribly useful, so I didn't take the extra hour or so to add it.

The "reflector" wavelength is simply one wavelength (29.97E+08 / freq = 1 wl
in meters).  As far as I can tell a circle is fine-- as long
as the area of the reflector is greater than a 1 w/l circle its a
"classic Kraus helix reflector".  The 2400 MHz helix feed and
16 turn job in "Mode S: The Book" from G3RUH uses a square 125mm X 125 mm
reflector.  I think the calculator says 124.9mm for the reflector,
so its close.  The original helix.bas program mentioned nothing about
reflectors, I though it was useful, as the calculation was done, and
already stuffed into a variable.

Enjoy..

Fred W0FMS