RE: Some info on IHU-2 crashes

Hi Alan,

I'm not too worried about it, ...

1). IHU-2 is not mission critical, if it is turned off then IHU-1 transmits
straight to the 2m downlink, ... the parrot software in IHU-2 is only to
allow both to work at the same time.

2). It seems that the controllers take the view that as it doesn't take much
time to re-boot IHU-2 from flash rom when it crashes they would rather just
run with it at high speed, and if it crashes it crashes!

3). I understand that the problem with the EDAC and Cache can be sorted out
by software when someone (probably James) has some time. With everything
going on they don't have time.

... so in summary, ... I'm not concerned yet, ... though I am surprised that
this wasn't caught before launch, ... we are only human and you can't catch
everything.

At the end of the day, it is the controllers bird to do with as they like
until it is released for general operations. The IHU-2 crashes are
irritating for us collecting telemetry, but then I'm only collecting
telemetry for the controllers anyway, ... so it is their call!

Cheers
Paul, VP9MU