Re: Two rotor sets continued

At 08:58 AM 12/9/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Some rotors have the RS232 interface---a DIN connector and others not so!
>I bought an older G5400 and added the connector.  Cliff K7RR

I don't know of ANY rotator that has a built-in RS-232 interface.
To me an RS-232 interface would imply first of all +/- 12 volt levels and
secondly intelligence that could receive and act on ascii text commands,
i.e. just send it an AZ or EL command and it would move to that position.
Such does not exist. It would be nice if it did.

What does exist is some rotators with TTL inputs, 4 digital that can turn
on a motor (up, down, left and right) and two voltage outputs (0-5 Vdc) for
position. All the intelligence has to be in an external computer.

ron w8gus.