Re: Two rotor sets continued

The problem is not driving two rotors at the same time with the KCT.  You
could turn on both Azimuth rotors at the same time by using two pole single
throw relays.  However this may not be wanted in some cases in which case
this also becomes a problem.  The big problem is deciding how to determine
the position of the two different sets of rotors.  The two different rotor
position feedback leads to the KCT would have to be diode isolated to keep
the position voltages from cross feeding back into the opposite control
box.  Still, the KCT will accept the A/D input as though it was from only
one set of rotors and then steer both sets of rotors based on that input.
I see no way to do this except possibly by some sort of multiplexing with a
slow speed switch between the rotor sets.  Even in that case you will still
have only one rotor calibration file.  For which set of rotors?

OK, next, what about using two complete KCT boards set to different
addresses, each calibrated seperately, running two tracking programs at the
same time each using its own KCT driver set to use the appropriate KCT
address selected for each board.  Maybe, but I don't know.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org