Two rotor sets continued

Well my question certainly generated a variety of ideas :-)

To clarify, what I had in mind was a way to drive two (or even three)
G-5400's together at the same time without needing a separate
rotor/interface/PC for each.  Depending on the satellite configuration the
uplink and downlink may be on different rotors.

There has been so much discussion I haven't had time to read it all
thoroughly, but it seems no one has a simple solution.  I had thought this
problem might have been solved by now with a hand full of components.

Seems a couple of folks are working on updating or modifying existing
controller designs to do this.  That would be a solution, and would be
welcome.  For my case the optimum configuration would be two G-5400
interfaces with a third generic (dish, EME array, etc.) that could also be
used with a G-5400.  Each could be calibrated separately and turned on/off
as needed.

Of course one could also do it with two or three controllers/PCs etc. but
that's far from elegant. . .

Jim
jim@coloradosatellite.com
wd0e@amsat.org