Re: OPAL tests

SORRY!
FALSE ALARM.

Opal went through a RESET and has to be re-configured.  We'll try again
later in  a few days...

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> Satellite Experimenter,
>
> OO-38 or Opal has been made available for a test to see if it is viable as
> a UI packet digipeater to support real-time low-duty cycle communications
> (like APRS).  GIve it a try and let me know your results.  Here are the
> details:
>
> OBJECT #     26063
> DIGI CALL    KF6RFX
> BAUD RATE    9600 FSK
> FREQUENCY    437.100  both UP and DOWN.  THis means you must account for
>              doppler in opposite directions during the pass:
>
> Meaning  XMIT     RECEIVE
>          437.090  437.110
>          437.095  437.105
>          437.100  437.100
>          437.105  437.095
>          437.110  437.090
>
> It is silent unless it digipeats or once every 10 seconds when it sends a
> single telemetry packet.  ANd it is weak.  I have copied it on my Kenwood
> D7 HT with a handheld 4 element beam.
>
> If you are unfamiliar with UI digipeating, jsut set your TNC UNPROTO path
> to GRID VIA KF6RFX (where GRID is your gridsquare).
>
> Then enter CONVERse mode and each time you hit a ENTER key, you will
> transmit a UI packet.
>
> If you see or hear yourself digipeated (with a * by the KF6RFX), then it
> works. Lemme know.
>
> de WB4APR, Bob

APRSdos REPLY/COMMENT:

Reply mail addr:   wb4apr@amsat.org
US mail address:   115 old Farm Ct, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
See DAYTON97 HISTORY:    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/dayton.html
See Maryland APRS LIVE:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See GPS on ANY radio:    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/mic-e.html