AO40 beacon sig strength

I wound my tower over when strong wind gusts were forecast.
2m beam elements are vertical, 6ft above ground and pointing 240deg.
AO40 is 174deg and 31deg elevation. Beacon signal is above the noise
floor and Nino's and Stacey's excellent programs are still decoding the
data.

A sign of things to come I hope - a bird which beginners will be able to
work fairly easily as well as presenting a challenge to those who want
to experiment with microwaves.

Very well done to all concerned.

John  M1BTR  Lincolnshire, England
--
  m1btr@midmarsh.demon.co.uk
  QRV 6m 2m 70cm 23cm   Member: BATC RIG RSGB UKRS