Re: TCP/IP address - Nino's Program

I *think* I know what is going on here.  But this is a guess..
I have this happening on my box as well.  I think Nino's program only
binds to one IP address as a server, the defined IP address that
either the Ethernet card uses or the Internet Dialup (can't test this-- I'm
a cable modem guy...) IP adress, but he does not bind to
the localhost 127.0.0.1 address.  Which means that the localhost, logically
a seperate IP interface has no server daemon running on it,
but the "other" IP address does.  This might mean that it will bind to
127.0.0.1 if there are no other TCP/IP interfaces active (like a dialup that
is not connected to the internet), but I cannot test that either.

So for example on my machine connecting P3T to 127.0.0.1 does not work.. but
if I connect to 192.168.1.2 (the behind the NAT [Network Address
Translation-- linux masquerade] address of the machine) it works fine.

Could someone else confirm this?

Fred Spinner, W0FMS