RE: choice of IF frequencies

Helo,

With all this talk going on about IF frequenties it got me thinking (I know
its dangerus).
Why not go for a more modular design like it's done for 3cm transverters.
Separate every block like LO mixer frontend if filtering etc. if done
corectly you can use any combination of tx and rx if with just one PA and
frontend per band, 1 IF filter per IF  (both TX and RX), 2 mixers (1 for TX
and 1 or RX) and as many LO's as there are IF RF combinations.
The only problem would be sheap switching.

73 de Andre PE1RDW
aprsdigi co-ordinator Netherlands
member aprs workgroup Netherlands
mailto:pe1rdw@aprsnl.org