TCP/IP address

I am using Windows 98SE and I know that the address which I need to
connect  Nino's demodulator software is my local host and I find this address
saved in Windows in the file 'hosts.sam'.
A good friend of mine (OM Franz, dj1yq@t-online.de) is also trying to setup
the combination P3T with Nino's program but has no luck because the address is not available. I gave him the advise to look for the file
'hosts.sam', but he told me that this file does not exist on his computer. He
is using Windows 95 though. Can anybody tell me what to do?
Reinhard, DJ1KM