Re: FT-847 scuttlebut

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 09:48:59AM -0500, Jack J. Gelfand wrote:
> without substantially raising the price. On the other hand
> there are some minor improvements such as VOX that would be
> useful. Has anyone heard any scuttlebut on any new Yaesu
> satellite hardware?

For what it's worth, I think VOX is highly overrated.
I've never had a situation where I would have used it on
the 847 if I had it.

I do a lot of HF data with mine, and I use the serial port
on the PC to key the radio through the HF data port.
For SSB, I have a headset with a homebrew interface,
and I key the radio with a footswitch connected to the
PTT input on the back panel.

Hamish