Re: FT-847 scuttlebut

I have had an 847 for a while now, and truly love the rig.  There are a few
features though, that I think they could improve on.

1)   The DSP that is built into the rig I've found to be almost
worthless.  Maybe I'm not using it correctly, however, I definately don't
like it.
2)   The all in one concept is wonderful, however I'd like to see an
external module that would allow switching of antennas.  For instance,
because of the versatility of this radio, you have to have oscar antennas,
horizontal antennas, and vertical antennas.  3 Antennas, per port.  I'd
love to see something that I could run my 4 outputs to this box, and then
select based on my mode of operation.  I could see if it were just an HF
rig, putting an antenna switch in line, but 4 of them?  Give me something
nice looking.
3)  An audio output that is more of just a "Line Out".  Not just a spkr
jack.  I have been playing with digital modes and generally end up using
the headphone jack to connect it to my computer.  Because of the extreme
bass that my computer speakers generate, it's almost unbearable to listen
through the computer.

Just my thoughts.

Dave