Re: Iridium is NOT dead

> Just read on Yahoo news that Iridium is not dead.  The Pentagon has stepped
> in an backed a deal that involves Boeing...

The lack of commercially viable Satellite Phones (in competition with
cheap cellular phones) is one thing that excites me about desiging Amateur
Satellites that can operate with HandHeld amateur radios.

Its one area where Ham Radio operators will still have an advantage over
off-the-shelf commercial (everybody has one) systems.  Compared to a cell
phone, a Ham Radio HT is totally unimpressive to the general public.  But
if I can carry it to timbuktoo and communicate (for free)... now that gets
their attention..

Long live Ham radio....

Bob