J-pole antenna question

Hello,

I am building a dual-band J-pole antenna (for satellite use, naturally).
I have seen some designs where the coax braid is attached to the main element
and the center conductor is attached to the stub, and I have seen other designs
where it is the other way around.  Does anyone have any idea which hookup
works better?

Thanks,

Doug Braun
NA1DB

P.S.:  A tip for J-poles:  Copper water pipe comes in two thicknesses (in the USA,
at least).  If you are making a J-pole, look for the thinner-walled variety,
which is identified with red markings.