FT-847 scuttlebut

I sold some of my other radios and have raised enough cash
to buy a new Yaesu FT-847.  The price is drifting down with
the AES now at $1399.99. Its still the best buy considering
the new Icom and Kenwood satellite rigs are in the 2 G$
range. The question is, will Yaesu release an updated
version of the 847 soon to compete with these new rigs? If
that were the case I would hold off on my purchase for a
month or so. There isn't much that they can really improve
without substantially raising the price. On the other hand
there are some minor improvements such as VOX that would be
useful. Has anyone heard any scuttlebut on any new Yaesu
satellite hardware?

Jack K2BMI